New Omicron travel restrictions have been imposed in Canada in view of the new variant. In wake of these new Omicron travel restrictions, foreign nationals who have visited any of the following nations have been disallowed to enter Canada. list of Nations which fall under New Omicron travel restrictions include:
9. South Africa and
The above restrictions are in place until at least January 31, 2022. Also, on-arrival testing and quarantine for travellers from all countries except the U.S. Fully vaccinated travellers have been introduced again, as well as, quarantine at home until results are received, has again been implemented till January 31, 2022.
Summary of Travel Restrictions
(a) Before Planning the Travel
- Find at Canadian government website a web tool to determine if you are allowed to enter the country. Please keep in mind that it does not guarantee entry.
- Have a 14-day quarantine plan irrespective of vaccination status.
- All travellers age five and up must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the scheduled departure, or arrival at a land border crossing.
- For fully vaccinated status, you need the full recommended dose of one or a combination of the following vaccines:
Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria, COVISHIELD, ChAdOx1-S, AZD1222)
Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
Sinopharm BIBP (BBIBP-CorV)
Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
- Documents must be uploaded through the ArriveCAN app or website.
(b) For Canadians from above 10 affected countries
- Vaccinated travellers arriving from the countries will need to get tested on arrival.
- Those who test positive at the airport will need to isolate at home or a quarantine facility.
- If test negative, they may quarantine at home or a designated quarantine facility and then must also provide a day 8 test. If test comes negative, quarantine ends at day 14. If it is positive, isolation must for 10 more days.
(c) For vaccinated travellers from other countries, except the U.S.
- Travellers from countries other than the U.S. and the 10 prohibited African countries will need to complete an arrival test.
- Quarantine at home until test results are received.
- If test negative, they can be released from quarantine. If test comes back positive, they must isolate for 10 days.
(d) For unvaccinated travellers arriving from other countries, except the U.S.
- Unvaccinated travellers who are allowed to enter Canada will be subject to the same measures as travellers from the prohibited countries as mentioned at point (a).