GET A QUICK CALL
What is Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program
Federal Skilled worker is one of the program under Express Entry System, which allows skilled people to immigrate to Canada. It is also many-a-times referred as golden pathway to Canada, as majority of immigrants settle in Canada through this category of program. This program like other two express entry program uses CRS i.e. Comprehensive Ranking System to rank Candidates. Also, application of approximate 80% of applicants who apply under this program are processed within 6 months.
What are the eligibility requirements for Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry Program?
In order to submit application under above program, you must have a CRS score greater than the FSW- draw and also, satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
(a) Work Experience:
- The applicant must have at least 12-months of continuous, full-time, skilled work experience completed within the previous 10 years. In Federal Skilled Worker program, any experience obtained while working part-time is also considered for points evaluation.
- It must also be noted that skilled work experience in Federal Express Entry program refers to experience as classified under NOC Skill Level O (Managerial Occupations), A(Professional Occupations) or B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades).
(b) Language Proficiency:
- Language proficiency must also be proven by the Candidate, either in English or French by taking an approved Language Test. The minimum a candidate has to obtain to be eligible for Federal Skilled worker express entry is Canadian Language Benchmark of 7 in English. Although, the minimum is CLB 7, but scoring higher in IELTS improves your CRS score and increases your chances to get an ITA (Invitation to Apply for Federal Skilled Worker Class).
- The applicant is required to have completed minimum education equivalent of a Canadian high school diploma. Also, as many applicants who apply under this stream do not have any Canadian education credentials or qualifications, they can get their ECA done through any approved agency for the same, which can attest their education equivalency corresponding to Canadian education.
(d) Federal Skilled Workers Points Grid
- The minimum requirement for a Candidate to be eligible for Federal Express entry is at least a score of 67 points out of 100 on skill assessment grid of Canada.
(e) Settlement Funds
- A federal skilled worker applicant who does not have an arranged employment in Canada, must show unencumbered debt-free funds before entering Express entry pool of candidates. The amount of these funds depend on family size of the applicant.
SELECTION FACTORS OF FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM
There are 6 selection factors of Federal Skilled Worker Program i.e. Express entry. If an applicant scores above 67 points on the below grid, then the applicant is eligible to apply for the program. The Six selection factors are as follows:
SELECTION FACTOR 1: AGE (MAXIMUM POINTS for this factor are 12)
|18 to 35|
|47 or more||0 points|
SELECTION FACTOR 2: LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY (MAXIMUM POINTS for this 28)
Points for two languages can be claimed by the applicant for this selection factor. One language is English, the other is French. These are the official languages for Federal Skilled Worker Program. An applicant can obtain maximum 24 points for English language and remaining 4 under French language factor.
As explained above also, the minimum CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) for this program is CLB 7.
SELECTION FACTOR 3: EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION (MAXIMUM POINTS which can be claimed for this are 25)
|Doctoral level||25 Points|
|Master’s level or professional degree||23 Points|
|Two or more post-secondary credentials, one of which is a three-year or longer post-secondary credential||22 Points|
|Three-year or longer post-secondary credential||21 Points|
|Two-year post-secondary credential||19 Points|
|One-year post-secondary credential||15 Points|
|Secondary school||5 Points|
|Secondary school not completed||0 Points|
SELECTION FACTOR 4: WORK EXPERIENCE (MAXIMUM POINTS 15)
EXPERIENCE IN YEARS
|Six years or more||15 points|
|Four years||13 points|
|Two years||11 points|
|One year||9 points|
SELECTION FACTOR 5: ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT (MAXIMUM 10 POINTS)
|You have a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer, approved by the HRSDC||10 points|
|You have a permanent job offer from a Canadian employer, without the necessity of HRSDC approval, if you are employed in Canada by the same employer||10 points|
SELECTION FACTOR 6: ADAPTABILITY (MAXIMUM 10 POINTS)
|Principal Applicant Previous Work in Canada (min. 1 yr at NOC 0, A, B)||10 points|
|Accompanying Spouse/Partner Previous Work in Canada||5 points|
|Principal Applicant Previous Study in Canada||5 points|
|Accompanying Spouse/Partner Previous Study in Canada||5 points|
|Arranged Employment||5 points|
|Relative in Canada 18 years or over (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew) who is residing in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.||5 points|
|Accompanying spouse/partner’s official language (CLB/NCLC 4)||5 points|
FUNDS REQUIRED FOR FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM
You need to show minimum required funds to CIC while applying for FSW to financially support yourself and your family in a new country. The amount of funds depend on the number of family members you are bringing them along with you.
(in Canadian dollars)
|For each additional family member||$3,492|
STEPS FOR FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER EXPRESS ENTRY PROGRAM
- Check your Eligibility against Express Entry Criterion.
- Gather your Documents such as IELTS-General result, Passport and ECA
- If your CRS score is low, consult us and we will tell you ways to increase CRS score.
- Create an Express Entry Profile and wait for the ITA (Invitation To Apply).
- Wait for review of your application
- Receive Confirmation of Permanent Resident Status (COPR).
- Complete your Landing in Canada and become PR.
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.
Express Entry Program is one of various permanent immigration programs via which one can immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident. Express entry program is applicable to three programs i.e. Federal Skilled worker Program, Federal Skilled Trade Program and Canadian Experience Class. If you are still confused, feel free to contact us.
A permanent resident is a status which a person holds, which make him eligible to live and work in Canada without needing any permit. If you are still confused, feel free to contact us.
No. Job offer is not mandatory to apply for express entry program. An applicant must have at least 67 points to qualify for Express Entry. A job offer does give extra points to a candidate, but it is not mandatory and one can apply in FSW without a job offer as well. If you are still confused, feel free to contact us.
Majority of cases in Express Entry are processed within 6-months from submission of the Express Entry profile to the issuance of a permanent resident visa. A candidate’s Express Entry profile remain active in the pool of candidates for 12 months, if he/she is not invited to apply. After 12 months, if a candidate is not selected, the candidate can again resubmit his Express Entry profile in the Express Entry pool. Contact us today to submit your Permanent Resident application.
There is no maximum age for making an Express Entry Profile. The applicant gets points for his age accordingly. You can apply to immigrate to Canada at any point in your life. If you need more information regarding above, feel free to contact us.
Your CRS score is dependent on many attributes. Some of them being age, marital status, education, IELTS score etc. CRS score can easily be increased by you by improving your profile. If you need help in the same, feel free to contact us.
No. You cannot have two applications for Express Entry at the same time. If your personal information has changed, since you last applied in Express Entry, you can login into your previous profile and make changes in the same. However, if you get married in meantime, then you spouse can make a new express entry profile, where you can be the secondary applicant.
If you looking for any more information on the above contact us.