Sponsor Your Relative

How can you sponsor your relative to Canada?

A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act can sponsor his certain relatives to Canada, if both Sponsor and relative satisfy certain eligibility conditions.

Eligibility requirements of Sponsor

  • Sponsor must be at least 18 years old.
  • Sponsor must be either Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act .
  • Sponsor must support his relative financially.
  • Sponsor must be able to provide basic needs to his relative such as food, shelter and clothing.
  • Sponsor needs to assure that the relative does not go on social assistance while in Canada.
  • If not a Canadian Citizen and not sponsoring his/her spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, a sponsor must live in Canada while submitting application to sponsor.
  • Sponsor must have enough money to support his dependents.
    • Sponsor must have the following income according to the table below:
      Total number of people you’ll be responsible for202020192018
      2 people$32,899$41,007$40,379
      3 people$40,445$50,414$49,641
      4 people$49,106$61,209$60,271
      5 people$55,695$69,42368,358
      6 people$62,814$78,296$77,095
      7 people$69,935$87,172$85,835
      If more than 7 people, for each additional person, add:$7,121$8,876$8,740

      The above table is for those sponsors who wish to sponsor in 2021. Here the income of 2021 is just Minimum Necessary income and not +30% due to Covid Pandemic.

    • The sponsor must calculate the family size accordingly:

      • Sponsor himself.
      • Sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner. A spouse a common-law partner can become co-signer with the sponsor to meet the income requirements.
      • Sponsor’s dependent children
      • Sponsor’s spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
      • Also, include any other person who has been sponsored by the Sponsor in the past, for whom the sponsor is still financially responsible.
      • Sponsor must also include the parents and grandparents who are to be sponsored and their dependants even if they are not coming to Canada, which include parents and grandparents dependent children, spouse, and separated spouse.
  • Sponsor must provide proof of income for last 3 consecutive years.
  • Sponsor must not be inadmissible to Canada.
  • Sponsor must agree in writing to give financial support to your relative and any other eligible relatives for up to 20 years coming with them which depends on relationship with sponsor and age.


Eligibility Requirements for Relatives

A sponsor can only sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild, if they meet all of these conditions:

  • they’re related to Sponsor by blood or adoption
  • both their mother and father passed away.
  • they’re under 18 years of age.
  • they’re single i.e. are not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship.

A sponsor can not only sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild, if:

  • one of their parents is still alive.
  • Their parents are missing.
  • Their parents have abandoned them
  • Someone else other than their parents is taking care of them while one or both their parents are alive
  • Their parent is in jail or otherwise detained

A sponsor other than above, can also sponsor One relative, who is related to sponsor by blood or adoption, can be of any age, and meet all the following conditions:

  • Sponsor does not have any of the following living relative which he wants to sponsor later, such as spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son or daughter, parent, grandparent, orphaned brother or sister, orphaned nephew or niece, orphaned grandchild.
  • Sponsor shall also not have any relatives who is Canadian citizen, permanent resident, registered Indian under the Indian Act.
  • If your relative has a a spouse, partner, or dependent children who want to accompany them to Canada, they must also be included in the same sponsorship application.
Contact Us

Start Your Canadian Journey Today

Get Free Canada Assessment

Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.

You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR. 

Get all study visa related assistance from us. 

Apply for work-permit today.

Sponsor your Family.

Start your Own-Business in Canada.

We provide Post-Landing services as well.

              So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.