GET A QUICK CALL
What is New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream for Truck Drivers?
the New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream for Truck Drivers is aimed specifically at candidates under NOC 7511 for Transport Truck Drivers, who have secured a permanent, full-time job offer from a New Brunswick employer.
Truck Drivers: Eligibility Requirements
- Candidates may be asked to prove their intention to reside in New Brunswick. The same may be supported by providing evidence that may include training as a truck driver in Atlantic Canada, driving logs showing time spent in the province, residency in the province, family ties etc.
- Candidates must have 2 years of work experience in the last 5, including 6 months in New Brunswick on a Labour Market Impact Assessment-supported work permit, or a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
- Candidates must have a valid New Brunswick Class 1 Driving License.
- Candidates must score 60 points out of a possible 100 to qualify under New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream: Selection Factors
To be eligible, employers must:
- Have been in continuous, active operation in New Brunswick for at least 2 years under the same ownership.
- Have a physical presence in New Brunswick.
- Be in good standing with federal and provincial employment standards.
- Not be in violation of the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act (IRPA) or Immigration and
- Refugees Protection Regulations (IRPR).
- Be actively engaged in the NB business, and therefore directly connected to the employment of the candidate.
- Job offer must be permanent, full-time and non-seasonal for at least 30 hours per week, or 1,560 hours per year.
- wage offered must be competitive with New Brunswick wage rates for the occupation.
New Brunswick New Brunswick Skilled Worker Stream for Truck Drivers: Selection Factors
|Minimum Pass Score||60|
|Canadian Language Benchmark Level||English||French|
|Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.), Master’s degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession.||20|
|Bachelor’s degree, or Two or more certificates.||19|
|Two-year degree, diploma or certificate||18|
|One-year degree, diploma or certificate||17|
You may be awarded an additional 10 points if your intended occupation is in one of the priority sectors.
|Priority Sectors||Max Points|
|Business service centres||10|
|Family Living in New Brunswick||You or your spouse/common-law partner, has a son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father, child, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew living in New Brunswick as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident||5|
|Your spouse or common-law partner worked for at least one of|
the last five years in New Brunswick, with a valid work permit or
authorization to work in Canada
|Your spouse or common-law partner has a minimum language|
level proficiency of CLB4 4 in English or Niveaux de
compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC) 4 in French in all
four language abilities
|Education in New Brunswick||You have completed at least two years of post-secondary education in NB||10|
|You have completed at least one year of post-secondary education in NB||7|
|Employment in New Brunswick||You have worked for at least two of the last five years in NB||10|
|Your employer has a positive LMIA on which your job offer is|
based, or your occupation is exempt from needing an LMIA
|Your employer has a positive LMIA through a national or|
international recruitment mission organized by PETL in the 12
months prior to submitting an application
|You have worked for at least one of the last five years in NB||7|
|You are an international student graduate from a post-secondary|
institution in New Brunswick with at least six months work
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.