GET A QUICK CALL
What is NLPNP Express Entry Skilled Worker Category?
The NLPNP Express Entry Skilled Worker Category is a path to permanent residence for those who have intent to permanently reside in Newfoundland and Labrador. Applicants who are willing to apply in this program,
(a) Must be accepted into Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada’s Express Entry pool;
(b) Have a job offer in Newfoundland and Labrador, and
(c) Intent to reside permanently in this province.
What are the eligibility requirements for NLPNP Express Entry Skilled Worker Category?
- Applicants must have a high-skilled job or job offer from a NL employer based on the NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B.
- The job or job offer should be for at least two years with the possibility of extension, from an eligible Newfoundland and Labrador employer.
- Pay should be in the form of a salary and benefits package that meets provincial employment standards and prevailing wage rates.
- Contractual or locum positions (short-term positions usually less than twelve (12) months in duration with little or no possibility of extension) are not eligible for the NLPNP.
- Proof of eligibility for provincial licensure or certification to be able to work in that profession must be submitted with the PNP application.
- Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the PNP point assessment grid.
- Applicants must be accepted into IRCC Express Entry pool.
- Have an Work Permit with at least 4 months remaining.
- Have intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 on the PNP point assessment grid .
- Have an IRCC Work Permit with at least 4 months remaining at the time of application or be entitled to apply for one.
- Have a Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma, or a foreign qualification with an approved Educational Credential Assessment.
- Demonstrate the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Have sufficient settlement funds and/or financial resources.
- Provide language test results matching level declared in Express Entry profile.
- Applicants must also score at least 67 out of a possible 100 on the Points Assessment Grid for the NLNP Express Entry Skilled Worker stream.
Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker Points Assessment Grid
|Connection to Labour Market and Adaptability||13|
|Minimum Pass Score||67|
|Level of Education||Points|
|Master’s or Doctoral (PhD) level||28|
|Post-secondary degree – program of at least 3 years||23|
|Trade certification approved by the Department of Advanced Education and Skills||23|
|Post-secondary degree – 2 years||18|
|Post-secondary degree – 1 year||15|
|Experience During the Five Years Preceding Application|
|Experience During 6-10 Years Preceding Application|
|Proficiency in English or French||Points|
|CLB 8 or higher||27|
|50 and older||0|
|Connection to Labour Market and Adaptability||Points|
|The applicant or their accompanying spouse has a close relative (parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin, step-family member, or in-laws) that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Newfoundland and Labrador||7|
|The applicant has worked in Newfoundland and Labrador for at least 12 months within the last five years on a valid work permit||3|
|The applicant studied at an approved Newfoundland and Labrador post-secondary institution for at least one full academic year on a valid study permit||3|
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.