GET A QUICK CALL
What is NLPNP International Graduate Category?
NLPNP Skilled Worker Category is for those graduates, who are from eligible post-secondary institutions, and, who choose to remain in Canada on a Post-Graduate Work Permit. Graduates must either be currently employed or have received a job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer that relates to their field of study.
What are the eligibility requirements for NLPNP International Graduate Category?
To be eligible under NLNP International Graduate Category, Applicants must have:
- An IRCC Post- Graduation work permit (PGWP);
- The work permit must have at least 4 months validity remaining at the time of application for the NL Provincial Nominee Program;
- Have a full-time job or job offer:
- In a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a NOC C occupation, provided the occupation is in an In-Demand Occupation
- That guarantees a minimum of 30 hours per week for the applicant;
- That is at least one year in duration with a reasonable expectation of extension
- From an eligible Newfoundland and Labrador employer
- That compensates the applicant in the form of a salary or hourly wage (not commission);
- Meets provincial employment standards and prevailing wage rates.
- Meet NOC code employment requirements for that occupation.
- That is not a contractual or locum position (short-term positions usually less than twelve (12) months in duration with little or no possibility of extension.
- Be 21 to 59 years old
- Have the intention and ability to settle permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Hold sufficient settlement funds and financial resources to successfully establish themselves and any dependents in Newfoundland and Labrador;
- Sufficient English or French language capability to perform the employment duties.
- If the applicant completed their studies at a recognized public post-secondary institution outside of Newfoundland and Labrador, their job or job offer must be directly related to the field of study.
- Out-of-province graduates must work for a minimum of one year in Newfoundland and Labrador prior to submission of an NLPNP application.
- If the applicant has an ownership stake in a business in which they are employed, then the applicant’s share of ownership cannot exceed 10%.
- Applicants to the International Graduate category should hold a full-time position that is related to their field of study.
Applicants are permitted to hold a position that is not directly related to their field of study provided the applicant is a graduate of Memorial University or College of the North Atlantic and the applicant’s position meets all of the following criteria:
- Requires a post-secondary degree or diploma;
- Corresponds to National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A, B or C (In-Demand Occupations only for NOC C);
- Can reasonably be expected to lead to career advancement for the applicant;
- Is in a field in which the applicant has a recent (i.e. in the last 5 years) combination of skill, experience and/or training, according to the NOC description, as defined by Employment and Social Development Canada:
- Is full-time for at least one year, with the possibility of extension.
STEPS FOR International Graduate Category
- Check your Eligibility and apply for the program.
- An Immigration Development Officer is assigned for assessment
- An Immigration Development Officer will review the application and make a recommendation to delegated authority.
- The delegated authority will review the assessment and make a final decision on the file.
- The applicant will be notified once approval has been granted or denied.
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.