GET A QUICK CALL
What is NLPNP Priority Skills Category?
The Priority Skills NL process is intended for individuals who have work experience in occupations in demand in Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as have a high level of education and language ability, and who wish to express their interest in either staying in, or coming to the province and becoming a permanent resident of Canada.
Currently, Expressions of Interest (EOI) are being accepted from:
- Individuals who have worked in a specialized, highly skilled, in-demand occupation for at least one full year in the last 10 years.
- Individuals who have completed PhD or Master’s degrees from Memorial University within the past three years in the following specialties: Technology, Health Care, Aquaculture, and Agriculture.
In-demand Health Care sector occupations for public and private healthcare providers:
- Family Medicine; Psychiatry; Pathology; General Internal Medicine; Radiology; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Anesthesia; Pediatric Intensivists (PICU); Neonatologists (NICU); Pathology (Hemopathology)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
- Clinical Psychologist
- Medical Physicist
- Radiation Therapist
In-demand Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector occupations:
Engineers and Developers
- Software Developer
- Biomedical Engineer
- UI/UX Developer
- Electrical Engineer
- AI Developer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Python Developer
- Web Developer
- .NET Developer
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Security Specialist
- Cloud Specialist
- Computer Network Support
- Research Associate
- Data Analytics
- Offshore Technician
- ROV Operator
- Ocean Mapping Specialist
- Technical Writer
In-demand aquaculture sector occupations:
- Captain (FM4 certification required)
- Farming and Feeding Manager
- Facility Technician
- Assistant Manager
- Cage Site Technician
- Site Manager (with water quality expertise)
- Area Manager
What are the eligibility requirements for NLPNP Priority Skills Category?
All candidates must:
- have taken an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) language test within the last twelve months and scored equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or higher;
- be at least 21 years of age; and
- intend to live permanently in Newfoundland and Labrador
In-demand Academic candidates:
- must have completed PhD or Master’s degrees from Memorial University within the past three years in the following specialties: Technology, Health Care, Aquaculture, and Agriculture.
In-demand Work candidates:
- must have worked in a specialized, highly skilled, in-demand occupation for at least one full year in the last 10 years.
STEPS FOR NLPNP Priority Skills Categoryy
- Complete a NLPNP Priority Skills questionnaire i.e. either a In-Demand Work path Questionnaire or In-Demand Academic path Questionnaire.
- If you meet the minimum requirements and score high enough on the questionnaire, you will be asked to submit three supporting documents to support your expression of interest
- Priority Skills NL is intended for candidates who do not have a job or job offer, but during the voting process, employers may wish to contact you to offer a job. Thus, receive a job offer.
- Receive an ITA
- Submit an immigration application through our online portal.
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.