GET A QUICK CALL
How can I immigrate to Prince Edward Island as an Entrepreneur?
To immigrate to PEI as a worker, there is currently 1 pathway open:
Prince Edward Island - Entrepreneur -Work Permit Pathway
An applicant is eligible under Prince Edward Island Business Impact Category Work Permit Pathway stream, if the applicant:
- have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- have a minimum education of secondary school equivalent;
- be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application;
- have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 4(link is external); and
- intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration.
- Meet the terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement signed with the Office of Immigration
PEI Work Permit Pathway points grid
|4. Business ownership or senior management experience||50|
|5. Community endorsement||35|
|Proficiency in English or French||Points|
|Level of Education||Points (20 max)|
|Master’s or Doctoral (PhD) level||20|
|Post-secondary degree – program of at least 3 years of full-time study||17|
|Post-secondary diploma in a trade that requires at least 2 years of full-time study||12|
|Business Ownership Experience|
|Owner (50% or more) and manager involved in the daily operations and have direct involvement in decision-making||At least 5 out of the last 7 years||50|
|At least 3 out of the last 5 years||40|
|Owner (20-50%) and manager involved in the daily operations and have direct involvement in decision-making||At least 5 out of the last 7 years||35|
|At least 3 out of the last 5 years||25|
|Senior Management Experience|
|Senior Manager involved in daily operations as a primary decision maker and supervising a staff of at least 3 people. Less than 20% ownership in the company||At least 5 out of the last 7 years||30|
|At least 3 out of the last 5 years||20|
|Received written endorsement from a rural community||35|
|Received written endorsement from a community within capital region||10|
|The applicant’s dependent children have been enrolled in a PEI educational institution for a minimum of 6 consecutive months||10|
|The applicant’s spouse or common-law partner successfully graduated from a PEI post-secondary institution||5|
|The applicant’s spouse or common-law partner and/or their dependent children have a language ability of CLB 6 or higher in English or French||10|
|The applicant’s spouse or common-law partner has at least 3 years of work|
experience in the last 5 years
|The applicant has a close relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in PEI for at least 12 consecutive months||10|
|The applicant has experience farming, transferrable farming skills and plan to operate a farm in PEI||10|
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.