GET A QUICK CALL
What is Temporary Foreign Worker Academic Program?
Temporary Foreign Worker Academic Program allows degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in Canada to look for foreign workers having at least one postgraduate degree, for teaching in their college.
Exemptions from Work permit + LMIA
Applicants do not require LMIA and Work permit under the Temporary Foreign Worker Academic Program for the following positions:
- Academic consultants and examiners
- Graduate assistants
- Self-funded researchers
Exemptions from LMIA
Applicants do not require LMIA under the Temporary Foreign Worker Academic Program for the following positions:
- Post-doctoral fellows
- Research award recipients
- Eminent individuals, for example leaders in various fields
- Guest lecturers
- Visiting professors
- Citizens of the U.S. and Mexico appointed as professors under the university, college and seminary levels of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Citizens of Chile appointed as professors under the Canada Chile Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA).
Before hiring under Temporary Foreign Worker Academic Program, following must be ensured:
- Any Vacant position must be advertised in Canada
- If a vacant position has been advertised abroad, it must also be advertised in Canada.
- Advertisement should be for reasonable length of time.
- Advertisement medium shall be effective.
- Advertisement must include “All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority;”
- Yearly report summary must be submitted on on recruitment practices for Canadian academics and results.
Start Your Canadian Journey Today
Get yourself evaluated today in less than 12 hours.
You can apply DIRECTLY for Canadian PR.
Get all study visa related assistance from us.
Apply for work-permit today.
Sponsor your Family.
Start your Own-Business in Canada.
We provide Post-Landing services as well.
So, what are you waiting for? Start Today.